Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weeping willow

Lay me down beneath this tree,
gently folding into me.
Trickling over open skin,
leaves upon its weeping limbs.


As movement from this tree pours down,
I listen deeply to the sound.
A sound which only we  can hear
breathing deeply in my ear.


The space between us closes in,
as life crawls through me limb to skin.
Strong and tall its trunk now perched,
against my body thrown in lurch.


Melodic sound moves through my soul,
off the ground beneath this knoll.
In essence we are bound as one,
entwining roots fast on the run. 


Root and limb have bound me whole,
against the bark now of my soul.
I see the truth beneath this tree,
to bare its soul and set me free.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blogs you have, this one specially to my tastes. Love the lyrical nature of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dave! I decided last night to start a separate blog for my poems. I have more to load and will soon. I appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete