Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Barren Soul


Whispers come, whispers go, thrusting through my barren soul.

Wind wisping through my ears,
bearing down upon my fears.
Swaying high, swaying low,
side to side the torment flows.
Heart pounding, fists of rage,
rattle upon this iron cage.
Demons dropping all around,
flames burst upon the ground.
Glimpse the light, grab a hold,
slipping through that narrow hole.
Gaping wounds bleeding out,
stirring thunder all about.
Dagger dripping bloody pain,
piercing terror through my brain.
Stop to fall upon the ground,
jolted by this haunting sound.
Creeping deeper through my skin,
searching, stabbing moving in,
Raise my shield, kneeling low.
bleeding chest upon the snow.
Chills consuming all my flesh,
turn to fire with one breath.
Seething in and bursting out,
freedom swaying all about.
Just a whisper in my ear.
Cannot see, cannot hear.
No escaping from this hell,
beneath the grave, where I fell.
Oh my angels sweet release,
crying out in holy grief.
Dig and claw, one last gasp,
swirling through this holy wrath.
Crawling back, to dirt and bones,
pain, fire and empty groans.
None shall come, none shall stay.
My angel slowly slipped away.

Whispers come, whispers go, thrusting through my barren soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment